Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Reading Notes: Looking-Glass: Tweedledum And Tweedledee, Part B

For my reading notes I decided to go with a story I was more familiar with which is Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There. I always enjoyed the movie “Alice and Wonderland” because of it’s illusionary imagery and creativity throughout the stories. What provoked the idea of what I was going to write about was acknowledged in Chapter IV. Tweedledum And Tweedledee. Some of you may remember from my introduction that I am a twin so these two silly and obnoxiously playful characters grasped my interest from the start.

These twins are the best at distracting and drawing one away (including themselves) from the task at hand. That being so, I thought it might be fun to take on the story from their perspective where the origin of their talent will be revealed. Where did the hobbies such as reciting poetry, singing songs, dancing, and multiplication come from? Well, my outline consists of the early years of the twins and where their skills were introduced to the world. Furthermore, there will be a point in the story where the Tweedles perform in their elementary school talent show. This is where they start their career and pursue acting and stand-up comedy together. The twin’s background and competitive drive will dig up feelings just under the surface such as their sibling rivalry that may cause them to split up their duo, which is unheard-of across the world. Singing, dancing, and everything else did not go as smoothly when they split up. Luckily, after they attempt to do work individually they realize that performing isn’t the same without each other.

Tweedledum & Tweedledee gif 

Bibliography: This story is part of the Looking-Glass unit. Story source: Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll (1871).

No comments:

Post a Comment