Monday, November 14, 2016

Reading Notes: Brothers Grimm, Part A

For week 13, my first half of my reading notes comes from the Robber Bridegroom story in the Brother's Grimm (Crane) unit. This story was a bit darker and twisted than I anticipated. It kept my interest from start to finish, however, the title gave me a somewhat similar but peculiar route of the story. I have been in the Tim Burton mood lately because of me watching a few of his movies recently. So I figured I would write my story based on his sort of theme and signature aesthetic.

For those of you who know the Tim Burton movie "Corpse Bride" I pictured the villain in the movie that married a woman (Emily) in order to steal jewels from her family, which lead him to murder her and hide her death. Furthermore, I plan to write his sort of in depth perspective of his profession as if he is more of a wanted criminal that is being investigated for relating murders.

I think this is a good idea and might be fun to write about since I would structure it to be more like a "Law & Order" episode. I would go through a couple crimes and discuss the scene and have dialogue between each agent while trying to figure out who the killer is. There would be a pattern revealed over time which will give away evidence of who committed these murders. There may be a twist or clues you may not catch at first but in the end your mind will be blown.


The main antagonist Barkins Bittern of Tim Burton's movie, "Corpse Bride." 

Bibliography: This story is part of the Brothers Grimm (Crane) unit. Story source: Household Stories by the Brothers Grimm, translated by Lucy Crane and illustrated by Walter Crane (1886).

No comments:

Post a Comment